During June and July, Tuesday mornings are designated for golfing members' children and grandchildren, ages 6 through 18, weather permitting.
Junior Golf is open to children and grandchildren of golfing members only. Children must be six years old by September 1 of the current year. (Grandchildren are welcome, provided space allows.)
Purposes of the Junior Golf Program
The Junior Golf Program is a Parent-Child Program. Parent participation is required for this program to be successful. Sign-up information for Parent Walkers is distributed with registration forms.
- To encourage our children to enjoy golf and promote good sportsmanship.
- To enable them to learn the rules of golf, and its proper etiquette.
- To provide instruction and practice and enjoy playing privileges.
- To establish handicaps and understand their meanings, and encourage them in tournament play. (All 9- and 18-hole golfers must have computerized handicaps to be eligible for Junior Golf trophies and to participate in Club tournament play.)
- To learn and enjoy competitive play.
Golf Clinics will be held for all classes
18-hole golfers: 7:30 a.m.
9-hole golfers: 7:30 a.m.
5-hole golfers: 8:15 a.m.
2-hole golfers: 9:00 a.m.
Divot Diggers: 9:30 a.m.
Meet in front of the Pro Shop 15 minutes prior to designated time. Times are subject to change. You will be notified of official times when you receive the walking schedule.
Junior Golf Play Dates
Our Junior Golf program gets underway in mid-June, offering six weeks of lessons and an awards banquet at the end of the lesson period.
Parental involvement is key to the success of our Junior Golf program, as it is with any youth activity. Parents are to accompany Junior golfers each week of the lesson period (one missed lesson is permitted) to encourage and inspire youth participants. Additional lessons are encouraged as a follow-up and to reinforce the skills gained from the Junior Golf experience at West Bend Country Club.